Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Here are links to the stories I mentioned. Each had an impact on my decision to leave the paper.
This story is about a cool group of tea-drinking men. The story got a lot of positive reader comments. But sadly, I never heard from the principals. That happens a lot. You write this big blast and the folks in the story don't acknowledge it. Either way.
This story turned out to be a great success. This was a reason to stay. First of all, it got out on the Sunday front. We journalists have egos after all. The reaction was rich. It was even posted at my gym. And the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons gave it an award: The MORE Award for Journalistic Excellence. The philly.com link has been taken down. But here's a repost:
But this one probably had the most profound effect.
Ashley is one wise 25-year-old. Check out her blog: The Middle Finger Project (www.themiddlefingerproject.org).

And today I read that my former colleagues might have to reapply for their jobs. At the moment, my decision couldn't seem better.

No comments: