Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Unretiring Gap Year


I haven't written in a long while, but this post felt so Lady of Leisure that I had to repost it.

I like that notion of space and a gap year -- though perhaps it's more of a gap decade, in my case? I do feel that pull to be busier. Why is that? Like this week, when deadlines have been met and new assignments are just getting underway without any urgency at the moment. Spending time reading the paper doesn't feel useful enough. I, too, am taking a Coursera course. Mine is on Google and its impact on traditional media out of my alma mater Medill at Northwestern. It's been intense and fun, awakening that inner Type A student in me. Though, sadly, the fam is not as excited about my 100 percent on a writing assignment as my mom used to be.

What would you do with a gap year?



No comments: